Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Desktop pc is running really slow, Ive tried two differen versions of a registry cleaners Ive als

two different antispyware programs and three different anti virus programs. What else can I try? My computers lagging behind even when Im not on the internet. When I close down ''my documents'' it takes an age for the window to actually disappear ( it disappears from the top down as if its gradually shrinking ) Im running windows xp sp2 all my softwares up to date and would rather not have to re-format. Here are the programs Ive used- Solo anti virus, Bitdefender, virgin antivirus----Spyware blaster, spybot search and destroy, a2 squared, trojan hunter, advanced window care v2, registry mechanic.



Please help!



My Desktop pc is running really slow, Ive tried two differen versions of a registry cleaners Ive also tried?anti virus



Non-malware that slow a computer:



Running antivirus program, indexing the hard disk, compressing the hard disk, hogging memory with an excessive number of fonts (%26gt; 400 ?). Unnecessary fancy graphic effects in Windows XP and in Vista. In XP they can be turned off, and maybe in Vista. Not defragmenting the hard disk.



Also: Maybe a hard disk that is struggling to function, failing and then succeeding.



Some things you have to put up with e.g. if you put on a number of programs then the registry grows in size. and booting up will be slower.



My Desktop pc is running really slow, Ive tried two differen versions of a registry cleaners Ive also tried?auto protect

No comments:

Post a Comment