Friday, August 20, 2010

Adssite - one PESKY little bug!!?

Hi



I have searched all over the internet with regards to this PITA bug called ADSSITE and although there is a plethora of information available on how to GET RID of this, each time I try, it *seems* to get fixed but the bugger just keeps coming right on back!!



Currently, I've tried to remove this friggin' thing using NAV CE 10.6, Spybot, Spyhunter, Super Antispyware, a method suggested with combofix, and Hijack This.



NAV is useless. Spybot usually only finds some cookies, unrelated to this bug. Spyhunter seemed to find something that could be related as well as Super Antispyware. But with each removal of this bugger (or what I think is what is found with these utilities), the popups cease for a while then, when least expected, another pops up.



What is even more bizarre is, these popups are only occurring with Firefox, NOT Internet Explorer. Firefox, gives the user more control I would have expected IE to be affected, NOT Firefox. But, anything is possible.



I'm at my wits end!



Adssite - one PESKY little bug!!?computer protection



http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?...



Adssite - one PESKY little bug!!?free antivirus download



May need some files moving manually. However, we need to see logs, such as HJT, Combofix -- so that we know what were dealing with.



Follow the links in my source list, where you'll be able receive free help on removing this.



Regards Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment