Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sluggish computer?

My computer is running very slowly and generally misbehaving. I'm guessing it is a virus, but wondered if there is anything else it could be. The weird thing, the start of this slowness coincided with my installing antispyware--could this be related? (superantispyware, spybot S%26D, AVG) I also have avira antivirus (free edition) set up, which I am currently using to scan for viruses.



Either way, I would be extremely grateful for any advice/guidance on what to do now to sort this out.



Thank you



Clueless



ps this is the 3rd time I'm attempting to post this!



Sluggish computer?live update



Go into 'Control Panel', then click on 'Performance and Maintenance'. There should be a link that says 'Free Up Space On Your Hard Drive'. Try that. I freed up 3GB the other day!



Sorry, I can't help with the other matter!



Sluggish computer?norten



All programs use resources - including anti Microsoft virus software. Make sure you have enough resources available.



Also, if you've been using Microsoft for longer than 6 months now, its also time for a re-install. The Microsft Windows operating system doesn't last much longer than that under normal use, and performance starts to heavily degrade. You can attempt ''fixes'' like defragging, and additional bolt-ons to try to repair the bloated and corrupted registry - but nothing works like a re-install. Time to spend some more money on something like ''Ghost'' - it saves a good deal of time on the re-installs!



  • married couples can play
  • growing up with single parent
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment