Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What is CLUSLXX.DLL?

This is a follow up to my previous question about whether or not this file is supposed to be on my computer or not.



It is CLUSLXX.DLL and it has a modified date of 6/3/06. It showed up on Norton Anti-virus as a Downloader virus last night and I could not remove it. I installed new anti virus software and am no longer showing a virus on the PC.



What is this .dll program and should it be on my PC? When I open up the file through notepad I see the following information:



T R U E A d w a r e 4.00 eXplorer.exe tmp Temp s h d o c l c . d l l GET POST /



GCASSERVALERT C:?PROGRAM FILES?MICROSOFT ANTISPYWARE?GCASSERVALERT.EXE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dstr5



I don't see anything specific to a copyright though.



Thanks again!



What is CLUSLXX.DLL?ktm



It showed up as a downloader virus. You could not remove it. You installed new antivirus software and you no longer have the virus on your PC. Sounds like cluslxx.dll was a virus.



I believe the key to this question rests with the shdoclc.dll file referenced when you opened the file through notepad. According to Google:



WinTasks DLL Library



shdoclc - shdoclc.dll - DLL Information



DLL File: shdoclc or shdoclc.dll



DLL Name: Microsoft Shell Doc Object and Control Library



Description:



shdoclc.dll is a library used by Windows applications to add basic file and networking operations.



So it appears shdoclc.dll is necessary for Windows to operate properly and an attempt was made with cluslxx.dll to corrupt it.



What is CLUSLXX.DLL?nortan



That file looks as if it belongs to microsoft anti spyware program

No comments:

Post a Comment