Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hijacked Default Page?

Ok, I seem to have aquirred some spyware %26 it changed my start up page to some antivirus add. I ran Norton Anti Virus and it removed the mal ware. It even infected my tool bar but I removed it. However, my homepage has changed and even when I type in the main home page I'd like it to be, it keeps going back to antivirus add page as my default. What should I do now? I don't want to spend tons of money on antispyware, I know there are other methods of removal that are free and effective, I just need my memory jogged. Thanks!



Hijacked Default Page?ducati



Hello there,



Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your



computer.



Try this:



DO NOT OPEN IE



Right click IE Icon on your desktop



Goto Properties (click)



Goto the Advanced TAB at the top



In there you should see Reset Browser Settings (click that (if in IE7, click both buttons))



Then click on the General TAB



Type in your home page ( I use www.google.com)



Click APPLY, then OK



Reboot the computer



I will try to give you some ideas on what you can do



in order to help keep your system clean from parasites.



Anti - Spyware Scanners



There are several Anti-Spyware Scanners out



there and some can be mis-leading and some are



what are called Rogue Anti-Spyware Programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment