Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get rid of ad.yieldmanager.com ..Im not sure if I have it though,but I get a message ,pleas

WELL, when I open some websites, my antispyware (Spybot S%26D) recognizes this www.ad.yieldmanager.com



I ran my Spybot a lot of times but it doesnt find it on my pc.



The mesage I get is like...SPYBOT HAS BLOCKED a BAD URL : www.ad.yieldmanager.com



At least its always blocked....and It doesnt bother me a lot...but Im gettin worried because it didnt happen before, and yesterday I tried another antispyware: SpyHunter



It recognized it, but I had to buy it in order to get it eliminated..



I dont wanna buy SpyHunter



Please, anyone who knows how to solve this, please answer me.



THANKS!



How do I get rid of ad.yieldmanager.com ..Im not sure if I have it though,but I get a message ,please answer?firewall



Dude, there is nothing to eliminate. Spybot is blocking any and all connections between your computer and the ad.yieldmanager.com ad-server. The site never reaches your hard drive. A good thing.



If you want to be doubly protected, you could block connection by adding yieldmanager.com to your Windows Hosts file with an IP address of 127.0.0.1, which will block it twice for you.



But a connection to yieldmanager.com is not a major security threat to your computer, anyways. It is more of a privacy issue. Ad.yieldmanager.com uses techniques that track users web-surfing habits to send them customised, personalized ads. Similar to what a tracking cookie does. Its not a huge deal to most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment