Sunday, August 15, 2010

What is Authenium, and how do I find it on my computers Add/Remove program?

I am trying to install the updated Verizon/Yahoo security with Norton antivirus and antispyware. It gives the instructions to bring up Control Panel, Add %26 Remove program, then uninstall Authentium. As of yet I cannot find the program "Authentium". Can someone please instruct me on how to find Authentium other then by the word itself? Thank you very much to whoever solves this problem for me.



What is Authenium, and how do I find it on my computers Add/Remove program?antivirus protection



Its Authentium, which comes from part of the Aluria Security Center. I believe that it is responsible for the firewall part of the AV (sorry AntiVirus). It probably conflicts with what Norton would install (since then you would have 2 firewall/AV systems).



Aluria seems to be prevelent in some windows based software and is embedded with Earthlink.



You can unistall Earthlink software, which isnt necessary to run Earthlink using a DSL or Dial-Up ISP.



The other solution would be:



Right-click My Computer and choose Manage. Click on the plus sign next to Services and Applications. Click on Services in the left pane, this brings up the list of services in the right pane. (Alternatively you can go to Start, Run and type in "services.msc " and hit enter (don't type the quotes) to bring up the list of services.)

No comments:

Post a Comment