Friday, August 20, 2010

Help! I have downloaded a virus onto my computer!!!?

I allowed something I had downloaded to run on my computer - It seems it was a virus



I have downloaded both antispyware and spybot %26 both are detecting spyware, it seems to be a virus that I have installed accidentally that is letting spyware on??



Having run antispyware and spybot I have confirmed to remove the problems they have come up with



However since I have run these, when I restart the computer I get pop ups coming up saying that windows cannot find C:\windows\system32\ssqpp.exe and another saying it cannot load or run C:\windows\system32\ssqpp.exe.



%26 2 quick ones that say C:\windows.command.com



What is system 32? Is it needed for the computer or could this be the virus?



Spybot has also come up with a pop up- spypot has detected an important registry entry that has been changed



Category: system startup user entry



Change: value deleted



Entry: spybpot deletingB3514



Old data: command/C del ''windows\system32\s...



Do I accept/deny this change?



Help!!



Help! I have downloaded a virus onto my computer!!!?ktm



Hi.



That ssqpp.exe is to do with the Vundo trojan.



See here;



http://www.prevx.com/filenames/128174975...



Many antispyware and antivirus programs are poor at removing the Vundo trojan.



You will need to download and run Vundofix -- this is a very effective tool specifically made to remove these type of infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment