Friday, August 20, 2010

Desktop Display Background?

I've had some spyware problems on my E-Machine T5212 (personal home). Using McAfee, Windows Defender and AntiSpyware My computer now seems to be clear. My desktop background picture keeps coming up with a message ''Warning! Spyware threat has been detected on your PC. Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity. Your IP address is #IP# and via this address an unauthorized access was gained by another computer. It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities.''



I cannot get my desktop display background picture to change via the control panel. The control panel displays the above message as ''default.'' I have applied some of the computer background pictures as well as some jpg photos. It displays for about a minute then reverts back to the above message on a blank screen. My desktop icons are still in place and my computer seems to operating okay (more popups than usual).



Anbody have any ideas???



Desktop Display Background?ducati



Sounds like youve got some virus and/or spyware happening and your software cannot be trusted.



Run a web based v-scan from trendmicro: http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/



If that is able to take care of your viral issues.. I highly recommend getting an up to date version of mcafee, keeping your susciption renewed, and making sure it's properly configured and automatically downloading the updates required to properly prtect you.. then get rid of that other crap.



You may have to reinstall windows after cleaning to correct any corrupted system files.



If you are unable to clean things via web and get your stuff reinstalled properly you may have to format from scratch.



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment