Friday, August 20, 2010

Tracking cookie question?

I have had problems with my computer. The homepage has been permanently taken over and it can not be changed...my internet just closes out of nowhere, and I also have problems with ''errors'' with the internet and it happens more than once every day... I did a couple different scans with different protector ''antispyware'' etc downloads and nothing has given me any results,,...except the Yahoo antispyware scan. About 9 or so different cookies an adware and a couple P2P came up...how can I tell which are harmful and which arent? What ones do I delete?



Tracking cookie question?kawasaki



Sorry dudette, but cookies are not your problem.



Cookies are just small .txt (text) files that by themselves cannot hurt your computer. Cookies are ''set'' by almost every web-site that you visit, on every visit. You can delete all your cookies today and by tomorrow you will have dozens again just be visiting web-sites.



Cookies do NOT slow down a computer, at least the first million or so that you might have on your computer!



They are not a virus or spyware, BUT some people consider ''tracking'' cookies to be an invasion of privacy.



Tracking cookies are usually ''3rd party cookies'' from advertising servers. They can track your movements around the web in order to deliver to you customized, targeted advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment