Friday, August 20, 2010

Spyware on desktop?

When I started my computer, I noticed that the background of my desktop had changed to a blue screen with the following message:



''Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC.



Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity. It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities. Antispyware software helps protect your PC against spyware and other security threats.



Click here to scan your PC for spyware...''



and when I click it, it sends me here:



http://antispywareupdates.net/?aid=496.c...



I went to download.com and downloaded a free spyware scanner. I ran it %26 Norton and they both found spyware %26 adware but said that it was all removed. The desktop background was still th same. I was able to go to my control panel and change it but when I restarted my computer, it was back.



Windows Security Center also keeps popping up with a threat alert that says ''AdBreak'' and ''TrojanDownloader.''



Help?



Spyware on desktop?download



Run any of the following:



http://free.grisoft.com/



AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition



AVG Anti-Virus Free EditionAVG Free is the most popular free solution available at no cost to home users and provides the high level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment