Friday, August 20, 2010

Is this good security for my pc?

I have:



-ESET Smart Security - antivirus, antispyware, firewall and antispam



-Webroot Spy Sweeper



-TrendMicro antispyware



-McAfee Siteadvisor



-A firewall built into my wireless router (bt home hub)



-I occasionally download Prevx free and scan



-I occasionally do an online scan with XBlock



Is this good security for my pc?symatec



yep, aslong as you dont go on any dodgy sites that should all be ok.



Ive only got spywareblaster/spybot and AVG on my pc and i use the routers firewall. ive never had any problems at all



Is this good security for my pc?vista



It's ok. but one problem. Is your wireless router secured with WEP/WPA (WPA being stronger)?



If not, then someone like me could gain access...



Best of luck
Not really. A collection of band aids will not fix a deep wound.



It'll also make your computer run as slow as molasses.



The best part of what you have there is the router.



Turn off the other junk, be cautious when browsing and don't open email attachments from people you don't know.
Personally I'd just have NOD32 av (fw if you really want it - I've not used it)



Windows XP firewall in SP2 is pretty decent and simple.



I'd use Spybot S%26D. HJT is good to use time to time.
I use AVG Free Edition and Zone Alarm... Both of which are free and I have never had a virus. I also use System Mechanic and Spybot Search and Destroy for spyware removal a registry cleanup. SpyBot if free but System Mechanic is 40 bucks. I am a long term computer technician and I am not very familiar with the programs you are using. Sorry I can not answer your question, but I hope you can try out the software I have suggested
DUMP it all -- make sure your windows fire wall is turned on, get a copy of AVG or AVAST and you will be fine -- you have to many things running at the same time gonna bog your system down -- and web root spy sweeper (think has a hidden trojan) never really seems to work right, and when ever using it I used to get weird pop ups generated out of what seemed to be no where

No comments:

Post a Comment