Saturday, August 7, 2010

Can any one tell me of a program that can tell me what programs are running on my PC in the backgrou

I would like to know so i can switch some of them off,eg.AVG antispyware or any other satey proggrams that realy need not be running unless i switch them on.



Can any one tell me of a program that can tell me what programs are running on my PC in the background?virus protection



you dont need any additional programs. STart then Run, then type msconfig, click the startup tab and you will see everything running at startup. uncheck the items you dont want.



Can any one tell me of a program that can tell me what programs are running on my PC in the background?agv



press ctrl+alt+delete on the keyboard to get the task manager.
If you have XP. Click on 'START', then 'RUN', type in 'msconfig' (without the quotes). This will tell you what is running on your PC on start-up and you can uncheck as necessary.
If you are running Windows XP, just press CTRL+Shift+Esc to bring up Task Manager...it will tell you what you have running. As for switching off the programs, you can set that option in the programs themselves.
Eliminate programs that run during startup



Preventing programs from running at startup can be frustrating because there is no single location from which to stop them all. Some programs run because they're in the 'Startup' folder, others because they're attached to logon scripts. Others run due to Registry settings. With a little determination and persistence, you will be able to prevent unnecessary programs from running during startup.

No comments:

Post a Comment